1) Rhinebeck happened. HALLELUJAH. I took the train up with my friend Emily (she moved back from Japan! She is going to live in my 'hood! Yay local knit buddy!) and we had a blast. Here is the haul:
From L to R: Lisa Souza Polwarth Silk in Pesto and Deep Sea; Loop Merino/Nylon/Angelina batt in Electric Current; Cephalod Traveller in Sherwood Gardens; LI Livestock Alpacla Wool in Rose with just a hint of Firestar.
And of course there were apple cider donuts and clam chowder to be had.
I also got to see Amy Christoffers again! We plan to make it a thing. I also ran into Dana, Sarah, Amy and Bristol Ivy too in addition to Kim, Kristin, my knitting friends and listeners of the show. HIII!!!!!
|Stolen from Amy's Instagram.|
|And stolen from Sarah's blog. This is how limited my time is - I have to swipe photos because uploading from my phone = less time to lesson plan.|
2) I got a tattoo! This is my knitting tattoo, of a C2R stitch - right leaning cable stitch. Subtle, dainty and like a secret handshake amongst knitters.
3) New ramen place opened up and they have the spicy tuna onigiri just like how they make it in Japan. This is why I love my neighborhood.
4) Went to orthopedist and woop-de-do, I have arthritis in BOTH my knees and misplaced kneecaps. Sigh. Off to the gym I go. The chiropractor is really working - less tension in the pelvic area which is helping my dextroscoliosis. He is like my guru.
5) Lots of things coming up for review! Stay tuned. We currently have an Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits review/giveaway going on. Comment in the thread here to enter the giveaway.
6) QAL is going on too and the prizes are up! Join us as we try and knit down the queue.
7) I am being such a fail in my Muggle Studies OWL - I don't think I'll make midterm. Work has been busting me so much that when I come home I just do not have the energy to knit. And that says something.
8) Starting spinning for the first time in 2.5 months - after I plied my TdF yarn, I had a bit of tendonitis at the base of my left thumb (my body is such a hot mess!). Working on my Loop Bump now and loving every minute. I plan to spin it all up and then N-ply it to keep the color as it is, and then knit it up into socks.
In fact, I am not going to do the laundry tonight and use the evening to craft away. I have to sew a tutu for my halloween costume at school which will be the subject of a separate post, and I have my lessons all set for tomorrow.
When things get hectic, you have to take it day by day.